A unique piece
These glass tea light holders are mouth-blown in Firozabad, the centre of India’s glassmaking industry, known for its exceptionally high quality glass production. Because they’re individually made, no two are exactly alike. One might be a touch smaller than another, you might see a tiny air bubble trapped in the glass, or a swirl where it expanded as it was blown. It’s all part of the personality of something created by an artisan rather than a machine.
The muted exterior is also a hands-on process, created by individually sand blasting each piece which leaves them with a gentle, sea-washed glass effect. In contrast, the interior is left as it is, creating an interesting contrast in textures between matt and glossy and, when lit from within (we recommend a standard sized tealight like our Forster), a captivating effect.
A styling tip or two
Because of its interesting shape and texture, Alconbury looks best as part of a display where it can be really appreciated. Try combining it with just a couple of other objects with a similarly minimal feel – our Corinium and Castleford bottles, for instance, or one of the other pieces in the Alconbury collection.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).