Pairing a candle
Alderney’s straight-sided, conical shape maximises the reflections of flickering candlelight. Use it to create atmosphere on a mantelpiece, console table or countertop. The small size works well with our Blyton 7x9cm candle, medium with our Blyton 10x10cm candle, and the large size with our Blyton 10x15cm candle.
As a vase
Alderney only needs three stems to create a modern display. Or fill it with a mass of the same thing like short-stem, hellebores for the small size, or hydrangeas for the large. With a flower-pot shape, it also looks good potted up with a household plant, or used as a terrarium for succulents.
As an ornament
Don’t worry about where you’ll store your vase when it’s not being used. Alderney looks just as good when it’s left empty. Put a pair in different sizes on the top of a sideboard, in a bookcase, or beneath a console table.
A clear glass vase reflects light in a room, in a similar way to a mirror. And with no colour, it will go with everything in the room. All of our vases have heavy bases, so there’s no risk of large-headed stems.
The making process
This vase is hand blown, so no two are exactly alike. One might be a touch smaller than another; you might see a tiny air bubble trapped in the glass; or a swirl where it expanded as it was blown. It’s all part of the personality of something made by hand.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to knows
Our larger vases are heavy. Half-full of water, even heavier. So we recommend arranging your flowers in situ rather than trying to carry the vase when it’s full.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).