The tray-like top doesn’t lift off – it’s there to add decoration as well as keeping objects safely on the table. There’s also a lip around the bottom shelf that does much the same thing. Underneath the legs are small feet, which help to keep the paint finish from scuffing as well as protect hard flooring.
Aldwych is made of tulipwood, a hardwood that’s strong and hardwearing like oak, but has a fine, knot-free grain that makes a smooth surface for paint. We use a mixture of spray-painted and hand-painted techniques, so the finish is as perfect and robust as can be.
Where we see it
Aldwych’s slim shape suits our more streamlined sofas, like Shoreditch, and small armchairs like Amelia – but if you want it to feel more expansive, a pair together looks great.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just So you know
The colours in our paint palette shown here are a close representation of their true shades, but to see the real thing, we suggest trying our sample paint pots.
This piece is made from natural timber, which will expand (slightly) and shrink (just a little) as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes in your piece are completely natural and to be expected. Just know that, in the very unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).