Terracotta hand thrown on a potter’s wheel, each Bayswater low bowl is individually glazed for a distressed crackle effect, with the clay’s distinctive earthy colour occasionally peeking through and imparting its centuries-old character and robustness. A true artisan-made decorative piece, no two have exactly the same shape, size, or finish.
Design & engineering
The materialsBayswater is made from terracotta – an earthenware clay that has been used to make pottery like this for thousands of years due to its durability and malleable texture that makes it easy to work with. We glaze it with layers of deep colour and subtle crackling which is distressed by hand to carefully mimic the places it would naturally age over time.
The colourOur rich Saffron distressed glaze is all about bringing a earthy colour to your home – it’s the best foil to more refined materials or to complement natural timber.
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- Use a damp microfibre e-cloth to dust the ceramic.
- Avoid abrasive cleaning products.
From the Journal
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).