The wood for Avington comes from the Paulownia tree. It’s by far the fastest growing, deciduous hardwood in the world, and a single plantation can be harvested several times, offering a sustainable, renewable source of timber. You can read all about the Paulownia tree on our journal.
Our Avington mirrors have relatively deep frames, but adding the gilding to the inside edge as a stark contrast to the black-painted outer really highlights this detail and creates a strong look. We chose a pale champagne-gold gilding rather than a true gold or silver because we feel it has more subtlety and is neither very traditional nor very contemporary.
A styling tip or two
One of our very biggest mirrors, you can certainly hang this one on the wall if you have high ceilings, but we’d suggest that it’s best suited to being propped up. Even on the floor, it’ll be tall enough to see into, and will make a real statement but still feel quite relaxed.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
Avington comes with a French cleat fixing that makes positioning it much easier, distributes its weight evenly so you can be sure it’s secure, and creates a snug fit with the wall. You’ll just need to supply your own screws and plugs to suit your wall type.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).