The frame is made from paulownia: a lightweight hardwood, so the mirror isn’t too heavy. It’s also a little rougher than the tulipwood we usually use, to give this mirror a gently worn texture. It’s by far the fastest growing, deciduous hardwood tree in the world. And a single plantation can be harvested several times offering a sustainable, renewable source of timber. The small beaded detail around the frame are resin.
Not every piece and every colour of paint needs the same process – a ‘one finish suits all’ approach won’t ever give you the best result possible. That’s why we vary the number of coats using hand-painted techniques depending on what that shade needs. For Bembridge we have created a distressed finish where in some places the paint is slightly coming away.
Bembridge’s timber frame has broad mouldings and beaded details. The distressing is most noticeable on the raised decoration, highlighting the areas where the paint would naturally wear away.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
Natural timber will always want to move. It’s going to expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but there are specialist joinery techniques that can help to counteract the movement. And that’s exactly what we do, so although you might see a little movement in the timber over the seasons, it won’t change drastically. You can hang Bembridge or lean it against the wall. If hanging, you’ll need to select fixings that are best for your wall, which is why we haven’t included these.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).