The frame is made from paulownia: a lightweight hardwood (so the mirror isn’t too heavy) with a grain that’s easy to carve into (ideal for creating Buckingham's detail). It’s also a little rougher than the tulipwood we usually use, to give this mirror a gently worn texture. It’s by far the fastest growing, deciduous hardwood tree in the world. And a single plantation can be harvested several times offering a sustainable, renewable source of timber.
Not every piece of furniture and every colour of paint needs the same process – a ‘one finish suits all’ approach won’t ever give you the best result possible. That’s why we vary the number of coats and use both hand-painted and spray-painted techniques depending on what that shade requires. And on Buckingham to add a little texture and depth, it’s given a relaxed, distressed finish.
The glass on Buckingham is bevelled to create a more traditional, classic look.
Ways to use it
Mirrors create a sense of space – hung at the end of a short hallway, they’ll add depth; hung either side of a narrow hallway, they’ll add width. They boost natural light – so position one opposite a window in a dark hallway or a dark corner of a room. A mirror can create an interesting focal point – place one behind a special object you want to highlight, and so create a reflection of it in another part of the room.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
Buckingham has a deep frame so you can hang it, or prop it up on a piece of furniture or mantelpiece. It’s also suitable for use in a bathroom.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).