Steel’s incredibly strong, which is why it’s used so much in things like bridges and buildings. So it’s also brilliant for the narrow frame of this very large mirror.
Carter gets its bold, graphite grey colour from powder coating: a finish that’s durable too. And it has a hint of warm bronze colour in there, so it doesn’t feel so cold and industrial.
From a distance it looks like Carter has a thin metal frame. But it’s more like a shadow box. The mirror’s glass is attached at the back but not at the sides. So up close it looks like it’s ‘floating’ in a recessed metal case.
Ways to use it
Mirrors create a sense of space – hung at the end of a short hallway, they’ll add depth; hung either side of a narrow hallway, they’ll add width. They boost natural light – so position one opposite a window in a dark hallway or a dark corner of a room. A mirror can create an interesting focal point – place one behind a special object you want to highlight, and so create a reflection of it in another part of the room.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
Because of its steel frame, the Carter mirror is very heavy. We’ve added a French cleat fixing so you can attach it to a wall. This makes positioning it much easier, distributes its weight evenly so you can be sure it’s secure, and creates a snug fit with the wall. But because of Carter’s weight, your wall may need reinforcing before it can be hung. You’ll need to select fixings that are best for your wall, which is why we haven’t included these. Carter has a deep frame so you can also prop it up on a piece of furniture or mantelpiece. It’s also suitable for use in a bathroom
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).