Material & finish
It’s made in a mould from terracotta. Earthenware and terracotta are the same material. But ‘terracotta’ is used to describe an object not made on a potter’s wheel, like a sculpture. Or one that’s unglazed like a flower pot or roof tile. Whereas ‘earthenware’ describes something that is made on a wheel, or is glazed, or both – like tableware.
In the making
Gosse is made in a mould because it lets us easily create the intricate shape and details. It’s first sculpted by hand out of clay which, when dry, is cast in plaster. Once that’s dry, we pour a liquid mixture of the terracotta clay around the sides of the plaster mould and leave it to dry until it’s hard enough to take out and fire. Importantly, the finished piece is hollow, so it’s not impractically heavy.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to knows
Gosse isn’t frost-proof, so it’s best not to leave it outside.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).