Material & finish
It’s made in a mould from terracotta. Earthenware and terracotta are the same material. But ‘terracotta’ is used to describe an object not made on a potter’s wheel, like a sculpture. Or one that’s unglazed like a flower pot or roof tile. Whereas ‘earthenware’ describes something that is made on a wheel, or is glazed, or both – like tableware.
In the making
Gosse is made in a mould because it lets us easily create the intricate shape and details. It’s first sculpted by hand out of clay which, when dry, is cast in plaster. Once that’s dry, we pour a liquid mixture of the terracotta clay around the sides of the plaster mould and leave it to dry until it’s hard enough to take out and fire. Importantly, the finished piece is hollow, so it’s not impractically heavy.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Need to knows
Gosse isn’t frost-proof, so it’s best not to leave it outside.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).