Material & finish
It’s made in a mould from terracotta. Earthenware and terracotta are the same material. But ‘terracotta’ is used to describe an object not made on a potter’s wheel, like a sculpture. Or one that’s unglazed like a flower pot or roof tile. Whereas ‘earthenware’ describes something that is made on a wheel, or is glazed, or both – like tableware.
In the making
Gosse is made in a mould because it lets us easily create the intricate shape and details. It’s first sculpted by hand out of clay which, when dry, is cast in plaster. Once that’s dry, we pour a liquid mixture of the terracotta clay around the sides of the plaster mould and leave it to dry until it’s hard enough to take out and fire. Importantly, the finished piece is hollow, so it’s not impractically heavy.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to knows
Gosse isn’t frost-proof, so it’s best not to leave it outside.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).