Hanley PotPart of our Hanley collection
Hanley’s made in a mould from terracotta, which has a rustic simplicity that really suits these textural pots. Earthenware and terracotta are the same material. But ‘terracotta’ is used to describe an object not made on a potter’s wheel, like a sculpture. Or one that’s unglazed like a flower pot or roof tile. Whereas ‘earthenware’ describes something that is made on a wheel, or is glazed, or both – like tableware.
The Hanley pot is unglazed so that it still has the gritty and rough ‘unfinished’ texture of terracotta. But rather than its natural burnt orange colour, it’s been given a matte grey powdery coating that makes it a little more versatile.
For a house to feel like a home, it needs things that are purely decorative. Like a picture or a sculpture that will add life and texture to a room. Our ornaments have lots of different finishes, so they look like they’ve been collected over time, and are all part of your unique story.
Other ways to use it
Hanley is purely decorative and not watertight. So actually it’s perfect for our life-like stems as you can’t see the fact there’s no water – and that’s what gives them away – so they’ll look even more real. But if you do want to use it for fresh flowers, you can place a cut-off empty plastic bottle inside and use that to hold the water.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).