Just like wool, sheepskin (also known as shearling) is breathable (think snug in winter but not too hot in summer either), resistant to bacteria because of the natural lanolin oils that self-clean, and can even help you feel more relaxed and rejuvenated (touching sheepskin has been found to stimulate your body’s circulation and immune system). It really is a bit of a wonder material.
Sourcing TussockWe turned to New Zealand for Tussock – it’s where we could seek out the softest, naturally curly fleece. It’s also a by-product, comes from sustainable sources, and, being completely natural, is biodegradable too.
A styling tip or two
Tussock comes in two sizes: this one, a single sheepskin, and a double one, which is made from two sheepskins stitched together. Choose this size to throw over the back of a dining chair or armchair to add cosiness, or to sit beside your bed and step out onto in the morning.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Shake the rug regularly to remove loose dirt and debris, or use a soft brush.
- Spot clean light stains with a damp cloth.
- For deeper stains, we advise professional dry cleaning only.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).