A sense of history
Double-cloth weaves (like the one we’ve used to make Eira), where the finished textile is two-sided and the pattern is reversed on the other side, have been used all over the world for centuries to create hard-wearing fabrics. They’re especially synonymous with Wales though, as is Eira’s pattern – a contemporary take on the St David’s cross design you’ll often spot on Welsh blankets.
From British wool…
There are so many reasons to love wool, and to choose to include it in your home. It’s naturally breathable and hypoallergenic – it can even help make your home’s air quality better. It’s also incredibly strong, and can last up to five times longer than other fibres. And, when it does come to the end of its life (decades – if not longer – later), it’s easily recyclable and biodegradable.
…to British making
Even though Eira’s based on Welsh designs, we chose to work with our partner mill in Bristol to create it. They’re pattern experts, and helped us interpret the traditional weave in a modern way. They’re also behind the limited-edition cushions in our autumn collection, so it made sense to turn to them for Eira too.
A styling tip or two
For the cosiest mix of woollen textures, layer Eira in amongst our Tussock sheepskins, Natural Twill cushion and Cotswold Shingle throw. In terms of size, it’s one of our smaller squares, which makes it just right for sitting on wooden dining chairs, benches and armchairs.
- For orders under £5,000 (or €7,500 in Ireland), it’s £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £50 for small furniture deliveries (or €75) and £100 for large furniture deliveries (or €150).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).