Comfort and proportions
Long Island’s shape is deceptively straight-lined; sit down and you’ll find that the backrest is softer down the centre to mould to your body, and that the seat is surprisingly springy. As one of our higher-backed dining chairs, it’s got shoulder support covered too.
The loose covers reach only part way down the legs so you can see the solid oak. Their fit is snug because they’re held seamlessly in place in a pocket between the back and seat. Small notches kick the fabric out at each corner to soften the lines of the chair.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens – traits that are all a lovely part of natural materials.
Sometimes colours between batches can vary ever so slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).