Henley gets its smooth, low-sheen finish from a couple of processes. First, our IsoGuard® treatment oil, which makes oak easier to live with without masking its texture. Then we apply a water-based top coat for additional protection. The result looks like the oak has been left completely natural.
We use oak because of its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on it here). Part of its character are its knots and variations in tone, so each piece will have its own hand-writing.
This is a rectangular side table, though not a long and slim one. It’s a good balance between having a wide tabletop – at least enough room for a lampstand, a cup of tea and a book – and not taking up as much floor space as a square design might. It’s also the right height for seating that’s either low or high-armed.
Henley combines curved legs with an otherwise square-edged design – on the tabletop, the shelf beneath and the blocks at the top and bottom of each leg – for a dynamic contrast of shapes. There’s also a great deal of detail in its joinery, such as the carved lip underneath the tabletop.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
This piece is made from natural timber, which will expand (slightly) and shrink (just a little) as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes in your piece are completely natural and to be expected. Just know that, in the very unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).