Cotton is a perfect material for bedrooms because not only is it soft on the skin, but it’s also naturally breathable and, unlike man-made fibres, won’t trap heat and moisture between you and the textile. We’ve used cotton for both the outer fabric and the filling of this quilt.
There are two sizes of quilt to choose from: double, which will cover an entire double or single duvet (it’ll reach to the floor on the latter) or super-king, which will cover a king or super-king sized duvet. As this quilt is reversible though, you can also choose to have yours folded at the end of the bed, rather than covering the whole thing.
A styling tip or two
As Clementine is a more contemporary style of bedspread, try it with our Edith linen bedding collection. Together, they’ll create a very minimal look full of soft textures. To add more layers to your bed without cluttering the pared-back feel, include one of our long Isabelle bolster cushions or a couple of matching Clementine cushions, and perhaps also a fine-textured throw like Thornton or Delph.
A (very) brief history
Quilts have been around for centuries, used as a way to add warmth as well as artistry to the home, and form a part of many cultures’ heritage. This type of quilt is known as a whole cloth design which, as opposed to patchwork, is made with just one or two pieces of cloth. They’re especially associated with Durham and Wales, although the straight lines of running stitch are more reminiscent of South Asian kantha quilts.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Machine wash on a cold delicates setting of no more than 20 degrees.
- Suitable for tumble drying.
- Iron on a warm setting.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).