Lambswool yarn comes from a sheep’s first shearing. At this stage, the fleece is very fine and soft, which means it needs very little in the way of processing, and is part of what gives Cromford its supple handle. Like all wool, lambswool is also biodegradable, insulating, strong and hypoallergenic.
In the making
Cromford is created by our family-run partner mill in Delph, a village which sits on the border of Lancashire and Yorkshire. They start with the fleeces straight from the farm, before washing, spinning, dyeing, weaving and finishing their wool textiles themselves.
Twill is one of the simplest weaving techniques. Depending on the loom, it’ll create either a chevron pattern – like in Cromford – or diagonal lines across the fabric. Either way, twill textiles are strong and drape well, which makes them ideal for blankets.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).