Linen, cotton and wool are all natural materials, which means they’re so much more breathable than anything man made, so Elland will keep the chill off without making you uncomfortably warm. The proportion of wool is very small because, although it adds welcome insulation, we know that some people can find it mildly tickly and we wanted this to be a summer throw suitable for using over bare arms.
As well as its gradated stripes, Elland also has a fine fringe on its short edges (which, as opposed to tassels, keep it light and neat) and a raw edge to its long sides. It’s a generous 220cm by 150cm, so you can drape it over seats or wrap it around yourself, but because it’s so light, it also rolls up neatly for taking on holiday or out and about with you.
An idea or two
That aforementioned lightness also means that Elland’s the perfect throw for rolling up and keeping in a basket by your back door, ready to grab for evenings out in the garden. There’s a matching Elland cushion that you can style it with, although it also works well with our Grace geometric Burnt Sienna cushions, our outdoor Evie cushions, our Otterburn throw, and any textile in Flax Blue or Saffron.
In the making
Weaving is a big part of our making heritage here in Britain, and we’re proud to say that we’re partnering with a couple of UK mills that are carrying on that tradition to create many of our throws and cushions. Elland was created by a Bristol-based micro mill who specialise in contemporary design combined with traditional manufacturing, and is woven by a larger mill in Lancashire.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).