It’s naturally breathable, hypoallergenic, insulating, renewable, biodegradable and strong. All the wool in Melford is traceable to British farms, where the wellbeing of their sheep is taken seriously.
We’ve used a mix of wool from Bluefaced Leicester and Masham sheep. Both create naturally soft yarns, and while the Bluefaced Leicester wool is lighter and finer, the Masham fibres add more strength and resilience to the blend.
In the making
Every single stage of the process – from the farm where the sheep are raised to the combing and spinning, and even where the wool is stored – happens within 50 miles of where the throws are woven and finished in Lancashire.
Twill is one of the simplest types of weaving techniques. Depending on the loom, it’ll create either fine diagonal stripes across the fabric or a chevron pattern – like in Melford. Either way, twill textiles are strong and drape well, which makes them ideal for blankets.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Professional dry-clean only.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).