Merino sheep are known for their soft, curly fleeces. Finer than pure new sheep’s wool but thicker than cashmere or lambswool, it makes Sudbury a good balance between light and chunky. And just like all wool, it’s insulating, strong and naturally hypoallergenic.
Twill is one of the simplest types of weaving techniques. Depending on the loom, it’ll create either fine diagonal stripes across the fabric – like in Sudbury – or a chevron pattern. Either way, twill textiles are strong and drape well, which makes them ideal for blankets.
Where it’s made
Sudbury’s created by our family-run partner mill in Delph, a village on the border of Lancashire and Yorkshire – two counties that were known historically for weaving (our mill’s been around since 1863). They start with the fleeces straight from the farm, before washing, spinning, dyeing, weaving and finishing their wool textiles themselves.
This is one of our larger throws – big enough to fit comfortably over a king-sized bed or across a sofa, and for the whole family to snuggle under. Because it’s not too thick, you can also fold it up to drape over the arm of a chair.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).