The textileMerino sheep are known for their soft, curly fleeces. The wool’s not quite as fine as cashmere or lambswool, giving Thurston a thick and cosy quality. Like all wool it's strong, insulating and naturally hypoallergenic.
The weave used for Thurston is known as a ‘warp-weft-faced construction’. In short, it means that, if you use different colours or textures for the weft (the threads that run from left to right on the loom) and the warp (the ones that run from top to bottom), you’ll get one colour/texture on one side, and another when you turn it over. Neither side has a pattern though.
Where it’s made
Thurston’s created by our family-run partner mill in Delph, a village on the border of Lancashire and Yorkshire – two counties that were known historically for weaving (our mill’s been around since 1863). They start with the fleeces straight from the farm, before washing, spinning, dyeing, weaving and finishing their wool textiles themselves.
This is one of our larger throws – big enough to fit comfortably over a king-sized bed or across a sofa, and for the whole family to snuggle under. Because it’s not too thick, you can also fold it up to drape over the arm of a chair.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).