Meet the artist
Daisy Sims-Hilditch is a London-based artist who creates landscapes, portraits and the occasional still-life in a naturalistic, impressionist style, often en plein air. Capturing the changing light is what she’s known for.
En plein air: explained
When an artist is painting en plein air, it means that they’re completing the entire piece from start to finish outdoors in the landscape that they’re painting. It’s a way of creating very natural, of-the-moment pieces.
In the frame
The frame on this piece is cedar, which we’ve left unpainted because the grey-brown colour works so well with the tones in the painting, and because the natural feel of the grain suits the subject. It has an off-white mount to give the picture some breathing space.
Where we see it
This is one of our bigger prints, so it’s a good one to choose if you want a painting you can use on its own. For a more relaxed look, try propping it on a surface rather than hanging it on the wall. You could also layer it with a smaller painting in front, such as another landscape from the Caledonia series.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
On the back of the frame is a wire for hanging (be sure to select the correct fixing for your wall), and we’ve included Velcro dots that you attach to the frame and the wall to help the print stay neatly straight.
There may be some variation in the colour of the mounts, so if you plan to buy a few from the same collection, we recommend buying all at the same time.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).