In the making
Overton starts out life as raw strips of bark. These then go through various traditional processes – including shredding, washing, natural bleaching, boiling and drying on fabric screens – to make a highly textured paper. This is then torn and artfully reassembled again to make each, unique piece.
The mount & frame
The pieces of paper that make up Overton are lain onto a stone-coloured linen backing and then framed in timber for yet more texture and muted, natural colour. The frame is veneered in oak but is, in fact, made from pine because, being so large and deep, oak would be much too heavy for hanging, whereas pine doesn’t have quite so attractive a grain and colour. Together, they’re the best of both worlds.
A styling tip or twoThe size and depth of these pieces (whether square or rectangular) is such that they work especially well alone either hung or propped against the wall, or placed either side of a fireplace where they can have the space to shine. The rectangular one can also be hung portrait or landscape.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).