The Quince wall art series comprises exquisite giclée prints of rare artworks from the American Pomological Watercolor Collection. This prized historic resource documented fruit and nut specimens found by plant explorers in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Our chosen pieces date from 1898 to 1918 and examine different varieties of quince in all their organic glory.
Design & engineering
- Depicts the ‘Pineapple’ Quince variety.
- Originally painted by Royal Charles Steadman in 1918.
- Digitally reproduced in the Peak District.
- Printed onto acid-free, cotton rag paper to ensure 100-year longevity.
- Made with state-of-the-art printers and water-based inks to giclée quality.
- Glass-front, finger-jointed timber frame finished with matt hand-distressed paint.
- Frame assembled by hand in the UK using precision-cut wood from Italy.
- Sustainable bevel-cut picture mount certified by the Fine Art Trade Guild.
- Backed with water-resistant conservation board with a neutral pH to ensure no discolouration.
The Pomological Watercolor CollectionThe archive comprises over 7,500 botanical paintings, lithographs and line drawings that were created between 1886 and 1942 by a handful of little-known artists. One of the most prolific illustrators was Royal Charles Steadman who contributed to over 850 artworks, two of which we’ve faithfully reproduced for our collection including Quince No.96526 and No.94920.
Wall Hanging Method:
Distressed matte paint frame
Cotton rag, mount card, glass & pine
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
Need to know
- Hang out of direct sunlight, as well as hot or moisture-rich rooms to ensure longevity.
- Use the wire and metal eyelets attached to the frame for hanging.
From the Journal
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).