Meet the artist
Daisy Sims-Hilditch is a London-based artist who creates landscapes, portraits and the occasional still-life in a naturalistic, impressionist style, often en plein air. Capturing the changing light is what she’s most known for expressing so well.
En plein air: explained
When an artist is painting en plein air, it means that they’re completing the entire piece from start to finish outdoors in the landscape that they’re painting. It’s a way of creating very natural, of-the-moment pieces.
In the frame
The frame on this piece is a pared-back timber design with a black-painted border and a champagne-gilded inside edge that highlights the frame’s depth. We felt the simplicity allowed the painting itself to shine, while the combination of black and gilding (neither yellow gold nor grey silver) reflected the shadowy buildings and the play of light on the water. The mount is a plain, soft-white card.
A styling tip or two
As there are two of these prints, you can definitely hang them together in a pair. The frames also match those on Daisy’s St Mawes and Veneto prints, which you’ll find in our collection too, so you could choose from these as well to mix in with other styles (the Sketch series would work especially well) as part of a gallery wall.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
On the back of the frame is a wire for hanging (be sure to select the correct fixing for your wall), and we’ve included Velcro dots that you attach to the frame and the wall to help the print stay neatly straight.
There may be some variation in the colour of the mounts, so if you plan to buy a few from the same collection, we recommend buying all at the same time.
The joy of sitting in
Ways to rekindle the joy of an evening in, from the practical (choosing the perfect seat), to the fun (setting up a home cinema) to the emotive (why ‘hygge’ is still relevant).