Just like all our upholstered pieces, we’ve built Audrey’s frame as a piece of furniture in its own right. Made using solid timber and proper joinery – never cardboard, MDF or staples – it’ll take a lifetime of use. In fact, we’re confident in saying that, decades down the line, you’ll be able to reupholster it and the frame will still be as good as new, just like an antique chair.
The fixed upholstery is all part of Audrey’s clean and simple look. It makes for a more supportive sit than loose cushions too, although you’ll still find plenty of cushioning in the generous filling. The springs are an important part of the filling too – refined by us to create as much comfort as possible in a small space.
Comfort and proportions
The curves in Audrey’s frame aren’t just there to be aesthetically pleasing: they’re one of the key things that creates such a lot of comfort in a small chair. The sinuous swoop from back to armrests hugs you in, making Audrey a cosy place to sit. And that’s combined with other considered details, like the low, deep seat and the angle of the backrest’s recline.
As understated as Audrey is, we’ve made sure it doesn’t feel plain by adding studs to the perimeter. These bring a suitably traditional feel while highlighting Audrey's curves, and the same can be said for the elegantly turned front legs.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens. If you choose a velvet fabric, you might also notice marks when it comes out of its packaging or after you’ve lent on it. They happen when you flatten the fibres, and is a completely normal characteristic of velvet – all part of the way it ages. But if you’d prefer, you can use a velvet brush to push the pile back into place.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly too. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
Rest assured, all the feathers and down in our cushion fillings come from ethical, cruelty-free sources.
And, just so you know, the colour the studs on this piece will depend on the fabric you choose.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.