This armchair pays homage to the Sussex chair - one of the defining designs of the Arts & Crafts movement. The oak frame includes a spindled back and tapering legs, while the seat is made from woven rush. Its deep seat and high armrests make Wycombe a comfortable fireside chair, but it also has a striking impact in a bedroom or a hallway.
Design & engineering
- Timber protected with Natural Oak IsoGuard.
- Paper rush seat with a water-resistant wax coating.
MaterialsWe source the finest cuts of solid oak for our timber furniture, which gives it the strength and longevity to last for generations. Like any natural material, oak features variations in colour and grain and characterful knots - qualities to be celebrated as part of its very nature.
Design inspirationWycombe pays homage to the Arts & Crafts movement that emerged at the end of the 19th century. Its pioneers championed quality materials and traditional craftsmanship, with utility and beauty always at the forefront. Morris & Co’s seminal Sussex Chair prompted Wycombe’s key design notes – the woven rush seat and spindled back.
Back Rest Height:
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.