Frame and filling
We build our frames using timber and proper jointing. Each footstool is then designed with a specific filling ratio to best suit its character. Here, we’ve used a firm foam that helps the fabric stay taut and that lets Milo act as a side table, but that’s comfortable enough to sit on too.
Form and function
This stool has a handle that makes it easy to move from place to place. It’s made from supple but strong, dark brown leather on one side and a lighter brown leather on the other (it’s reversible, so you can choose either depending on what suits your fabric more) both of which will naturally crease and age with use. And, as sturdy as Milo is, it’s not so heavy that it’s difficult to lift.
Milo’s cover is removeable – using a concealed zip – so you can update the textile (its handle comes off too to let you change the cover). It also has a wooden base which means the upholstery won’t wear down. Otherwise, this is a simple design in terms of looks, save for a few, tailored, stitched seams.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded. For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.