We build our frames as pieces of furniture in their own right, using solid timber and proper joinery over cardboard sections and staples. And we’ve secured the back legs into each frame with finger joints to make them as strong and long-lasting as possible.
Charlie’s for people that like sofas with plenty of bounce and softness, but that they can still sit upright in. The back is supported by strong elastic webbing, with foam and fibre internal cushioning that mimics a loose-cushioned sofa, just without the plumping. And in the seat, we’ve used both softer and firmer foam, as well as channels of feather and fibre, for as much comfort as possible in a slim profile.
Not too deep, not too slouchy, you can relax back into Charlie or you can sit up straight. And if you’re someone who likes to stretch out across their sofa, you’ll be happy to know that the arms are high enough to lean on, and comfortably padded inside too.
Whether you like to change your mind about the fabric on your sofa, or want one that’s easy to keep clean, a loose-covered style like Charlie’s worth thinking about. And because not everyone likes the slightly rumbled style you can get with loose covers, Charlie’s skirt will stay crisp and taught.
Charlie’s an update on our Charles sofa: a design that had been in our collection for a while, but was due a refresh. Charlie’s got the same, architectural shape to its back, and the same skirted design, it’s just been pared-down, because before it was more suited to traditional homes. Now, it’ll happily live just about anywhere.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
And, rest assured, all the feathers and down in our cushion fillings come from ethical, cruelty-free sources.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.