We build our frames as pieces of furniture in their own right, using solid timber and proper joinery over cardboard sections and staples. And we’ve secured the back legs into each frame with finger joints to make them as strong and long-lasting as possible.
What’s special about Lottie is that there are a few different layers of foam in its cushions, as well as feather, down and fibre: a firmer, supportive foam at the centre, and softer layers on either side. It means that you’ll sink in when you sit down, but not so much you’re swallowed up by it.
Some people like to sit with a scatter cushion behind them, and some don’t. Some like to slouch and some like to sit upright. Lottie can do both. It’s deep enough so you can lounge on it or fill it with cushions and still have room to sit, but not so deep that you’re leaning too far to reach the backrest when your feet are on the floor.
A sofa to sit in, not on
There aren’t many people who like to feel that they’re perched on their sofa. Lift up Lottie’s seat cushions and you’ll notice a bulge underneath at the front of the frame. It’s there to give you support where you need it – under your knees – and angle the cushion so you lean back, not feel as if you’re falling forwards. It also helps stop the cushions from sliding out.
Lottie’s an update on our Charlotte sofa: a design that had been in our collection for a while, but was due a refresh. On first glance, not much has changed, but look closer and you’ll see more buttons, for even more texture. And that the backrest and feet are a bit neater, a bit more refined. And that we thought long and hard about how you’ll use it, to make it even comfier.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
Rest assured, all the feathers and down in our cushion fillings come from ethical, cruelty-free sources.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
You might notice ‘marks’ on the velvet when it comes out of its packaging or after you’ve lent on it. They happen when you flatten the fibres and are a completely normal characteristic of velvet – they’re all part of the way it ages. But if you’d prefer, you can use a velvet brush to push the pile back into place.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.