Jute is a plant very similar to linen: it’s quick growing and doesn’t need chemical fertilisers or pesticides, making it very sustainable. Like linen, the fibres are also extracted from the stems using a natural process called ‘retting’, where the stems are left to break down in water. Once stripped away, the fibres are then spun into cord before being woven. As it’s entirely natural, jute is also biodegradable.
Our Arbroath baskets all have useful carry handles made from plaited jute cord. They wrap right around the base of the basket, making them incredibly strong and secure, as well as being a character-adding design detail and a traditional feature of jute baskets woven in Bangladesh.
There are lots of different ways you could use these baskets – their shape makes them very versatile. The smallest, for instance, would make an attractive holder for loo rolls or for organising smaller items, like facecloths and pillowcases, in a linen cupboard. The medium size would be great in a washstand for bottles, or beside a fire for kindling. While the largest is perfectly sized for magazines or folded blankets.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.