Chawton Base Cabinet Top Surface - Dresser OptionPart of our Chawton collection
Creating your own, bespoke Chawton cabinet is simple. Get started with one of our sets here, or pop into your local Neptune store to discover all the possibilities and play around with designs.
Not every piece of furniture and every colour of paint needs the same process – a ‘one finish suits all’ approach won’t ever give you the best result possible. That’s why we vary the number of coats and use both hand-painted and spray-painted techniques depending on what that shade needs.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded. For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Need to know
If you decide to add top cabinets to your sideboard in the future and turn it into a dresser, you’ll just need to swap out the work surface for a dresser-ready one. These have holes in them, so you can bolt the extra cabinets on.
And speaking of bolts, everything you’ll need to add to your sideboard will be included when you buy the extra pieces. From those bolts to wall brackets and the Allen key.
You’ll also find height-adjustable feet hidden behind the skirting. They’re there so you can match up both side of the sideboard, just in case your floor’s not perfectly even.
Natural timber will always want to move. It’s going to expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but there are specialist joinery techniques that can help to counteract the movement. And that’s exactly what we do, so although you might see a little movement in the timber over the seasons, it won’t change drastically.
And finally, the colours you see here are as close to the real thing as we can get them, but it’s always a good idea to try a sample first if you’re looking to get the colour spot on.