How it works
The height of the Chawton ladder means that this rail needs to sit on a triple-height top cabinet, which in turn sits on one of the sideboard bases. You can then add any of the other top cabinets above. Each section of support rail fits across one of the cabinets, so you’ll just need to add as many rails as your dresser is wide.
Just like all the other Chawton hardware, this ladder support rail has a dark bronze finish. Not too bright, but with a hint of the warm-toned metal showing through, it works well with the contemporary cabinetry style but isn’t too modern for a traditional home either.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to know
If you decide to add top cabinets to your sideboard in the future and turn it into a dresser, you’ll just need to swap out the work surface for a dresser-ready one. These have holes in them, so you can bolt the extra cabinets on.
And speaking of bolts, everything you’ll need to add to your sideboard will be included when you buy the extra pieces. From those bolts to wall brackets and the Allen key.
You’ll also find height-adjustable feet hidden behind the skirting. They’re there so you can match up both side of the sideboard, just in case your floor’s not perfectly even.
Natural timber will always want to move. It’s going to expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but there are specialist joinery techniques that can help to counteract the movement. And that’s exactly what we do, so although you might see a little movement in the timber over the seasons, it won’t change drastically.
And finally, the colours you see here are as close to the real thing as we can get them, but it’s always a good idea to try a sample first if you’re looking to get the colour spot on.