We use oak for its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on its qualities here). Knots and variations in tone are part of its character, so every piece will be unique. In combination with the steel base, it takes on a rougher, tougher feel.
The oak goes through a seven-step process of brushing, staining and buffing to highlight its natural grain. It’s then protected with our IsoGuard® treatment oil in Vintage Oak, which guards against dirt and scuffs while giving it a deeper tone that works well with steel. The metal’s powder-coated so it’s almost black, but with a hint of bronze – a finish that’s designed to age well, even after it’s had a few scratches.
This version of Carter has three shelves: two are fixed, but the top one can be removed for an open look when hanging up high. It also comes with the brackets you’ll need to fix it to the wall.
Where we see it
You can use Carter on its own, or combine multiples to create a larger piece that suits your space. When doing this, we tend to use the different sizes together (such as two slim and one wide, or vice versa) to vary the pace.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just So you know
We include the brackets you’ll need to mount Carter on the wall, but you’ll need to select suitable screws and fixings for your type of wall.
Carter’s made from natural timber, which will expand and shrink slightly as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes are completely natural. In the unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.