Delivery in February
Delivery in February
The Terence tray is a new and improved version of a wooden tray given to our co-founder John and creative founder Emma as a wedding gift. The naming of this beautiful tray with its quality and clean design is our homage to Sir Terence Conran, a design icon John and Emma have been inspired by throughout their careers. The focus was on the small details – the corners are reinforced with finger joints to make it as strong and robust as possible, and the handles are carefully rounded for an ultra-smooth, comfortable feel.
Design & engineering
The materials: oakThe subtle knotted grain of solid white oak coupled with its sense of tradition makes it our go-to timber. It’s also incredibly strong and most importantly, made to last. By nature, timber expands, contracts and shrinks due to changes in humidity, but we’ve used specialist joinery techniques to keep this movement as minimal as possible. For additional protection against everyday wear, we’ve coated this piece with Natural Oak IsoGuard – our VOC-free, oil-based formula that doesn’t mask the timber’s character.
Design detailWith this tray, we’ve reinforced the corners with finger joints to make it as strong and robust as possible, and we’ve also made the handles comfortable to hold by rounding them off for a smooth finish.
Doing the right thingOur furniture uses wood from the Appalachian Mountains, a region where for every tree harvested or decaying, 2.4 naturally grow back in its place which supports forest regeneration. In fact, this has increased the Appalachian forest by more than 300,000 acres in the last 25 years. The wood then goes to our production house, where a dedicated team is leading us towards becoming the most sustainable home and lifestyle brand by 2030. Not only is the production house powered by highly energy-efficient heat pumps, it also reuses and recycles as many by-products as possible to reduce waste and thereby, do what we can to take some of the pressure off our planet.
Our pairingTo give this tray pride of place in your home, opt for our Terence butler’s tray table which also includes foldable, detachable legs. A rebate (a step-like cut into the wood) has been added around the edge of the tray’s underside so that it slots securely onto the stand and prevents any chance of it sliding around.
Versatile designNow more than ever, our homes are called on to be adaptable spaces which hold pieces that will be just as relevant and usable in decades to come – and that’s what we especially love about this tray. Whether you want to use it in the bedroom as a side table, the garden for carrying drinks, or living and dining spaces for extra surface space, the Terence will fit right in.
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.