The making process
All our glassware is mouth-blown. It’s a traditional technique that leaves small air bubbles trapped in the glass. We fire-polish every piece to remove as many as we can, but we can’t remove them all. And we wouldn’t want to – it’s a mark of true craftsmanship.
The jar’s glass is thick enough to be strong but thin enough to be elegant. The lid’s large glass ‘bobble’ is easy to grasp firmly and safely for both large and small hands. And the loose lid nestles easily into a raised rim.
Storing kitchen ingredients in glass jars isn’t a new idea. Spare Kilner pickling jars were being used this way decades ago – and still are. The difference is it’s far quicker and easier to lift a lid with one hand, than to unscrew a jar which needs both. And these look a little smarter.
The Wingfield jars work just as well in the bathroom. Fill them with cotton wool, cotton buds, hair accessories, an assortment of soaps, natural sponges, bath salts, even a display of shells.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
- Dishwasher safe.