Bringing evergreen foliage into your home at Christmas is something we’ve been doing for centuries – it’s a way to remember that, even in the depths of winter, there’s still life outside. But if you’re less keen on dropping needles and wilting branches, that’s where our life-like stems comes in.
Sometimes natural materials are best, other times synthetic. For our life-like stems, it’s polyester that creates the most realistic look. Easy to dye, it’s vibrant and colourfast so your stem won’t fade. And it can be made matte or shiny to look exactly like the real thing.
Evergreen, coniferous pines are resinous trees, which is why their spiky needles have a waxy texture. Every conifer will also have cones on its branches at one point, with the bark-like scales on the outside protecting the seeds within. Just like the ones on our life-like branch.
The last thing you want is for your stem to look fake, which is why we made the branches realistically gnarled, knobbly and as heavy as the ones you’d find on the forest floor (they’re also wired so you can bend them into place). Even the underside of each pine cone has been coloured in the same rich green as they’d turn in nature.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
The stem’s wire is tough so you can’t accidentally snap it. But you’ll need something powerful if you want to trim it down. We’ve found long-handled loppers (the ones for pruning shrubs and trees) do the trick.
The wire inside also means you can’t put your stem in water for long or it’ll rust. So if you’re arranging them with real flowers, bend the life-like stems up out of the water.