Pairing a candle
Alderney’s straight-sided, conical shape maximises the reflections of flickering candlelight. Use it to create atmosphere on a mantelpiece, console table or countertop. The small size works well with our Blyton 7x9cm candle, medium with our Blyton 10x10cm candle, and the large size with our Blyton 10x15cm candle.
As a vase
Alderney only needs three stems to create a modern display. Or fill it with a mass of the same thing like short-stem, hellebores for the small size, or hydrangeas for the large. With a flower-pot shape, it also looks good potted up with a household plant, or used as a terrarium for succulents.
As an ornament
Don’t worry about where you’ll store your vase when it’s not being used. Alderney looks just as good when it’s left empty. Put a pair in different sizes on the top of a sideboard, in a bookcase, or beneath a console table.
A clear glass vase reflects light in a room, in a similar way to a mirror. And with no colour, it will go with everything in the room. All of our vases have heavy bases, so there’s no risk of large-headed stems.
The making process
This vase is hand blown, so no two are exactly alike. One might be a touch smaller than another; you might see a tiny air bubble trapped in the glass; or a swirl where it expanded as it was blown. It’s all part of the personality of something made by hand.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to knows
Our larger vases are heavy. Half-full of water, even heavier. So we recommend arranging your flowers in situ rather than trying to carry the vase when it’s full.