Only a tiny proportion of the world’s cotton qualifies for the name Egyptian cotton – it’s a sign of fine quality, although it’s no longer grown just in Egypt. The fibres are naturally long, so they’re very strong when woven. They’re also soft, smooth and breathable, with a subtle sheen. Egyptian cotton is ideal for making bed linen, as it’s both luxurious and long-lasting.
A note on thread count
Thread count refers to the number of threads woven together in a square inch. 500 is at the very top end: it means the fabric is tightly woven, which makes for warmer, silkier and stronger bed linen.
The trim [Grey Oak]
The narrow grosgrain (ribbed) ribbon on Albertine’s edge is a subtle detail – enough to catch the eye, but without spoiling its clean look. It comes in three shades – this one is Grey Oak, a mid grey-brown that’s deeper and bolder than Lily but less of a marked contrast than Peat.
Design is in the detail
All our duvet covers come with a button fastening on the back near the feet, not on the bottom edge, so they have a neat finish on the bed. We use white pearlescent buttons and, just in case you lose one, there are two spares sewn inside the bottom corner.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.