The materials: tulipwoodWe use tulipwood because it’s strong, smooth and has very few knots, which is the ideal surface for painting. But when it comes to the application, we know that not all furniture and every colour needs the same method, so that’s why we vary the number of coats and use hand-finishing techniques specific to each piece.
Design detailEach divider uses a cross lap joint which is secured by two vertical sides for additional strength – this feature also helps to hold the wine bottles centrally in the cabinet. Every divider can carry a significant amount of weight too – up to 30kg which equates to 25 bottles, to be exact – so you can rest assured that your much-loved beverages are housed securely.
Doing the right thing
This long-lasting piece is created with wood from the Appalachian Mountains, a region where for every tree harvested or decaying, 2.4 naturally grow back in its place which contributes to forest regeneration.
The wood then goes to our production house, where a dedicated team is leading us towards becoming the most sustainable home and lifestyle brand by 2030. Not only is the production house powered by highly energy-efficient heat pumps, it also reuses and recycles as many by-products as possible to reduce waste and thereby, do what we can to take some of the pressure off our planet.
As well as the wood, our paints are made with both people and planet in mind, too. They're water-based, extremely low in VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds, which release harmful chemicals and unpleasant odours), are suitable for plant-based lifestyles, and they've never been tested on animals. Each pot is made in the UK by our trusted partners who have been mixing paint since 1740.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to know
We’ve now updated our Shepton cabinet so that you can transform the whole piece into wine storage. If you ordered the cabinet before July 2021, then you can fit up to three crosses into the upper shelves. But, if you’d like to add a cross into the bottom shelf as well, then we recommend getting in touch with our customer experience team who will be happy to help.