Oak, because it’ll look more than good in your home. You can expect the odd knot here and the odd change in wood grain there – which means no two tables will ever look quite the same – but overall, it’s a well-balanced timber.
When it comes to painted timber, we use tulipwood – a strong and resilient hardwood. Its fine, almost knot-free grain makes it perfectly suited to a painted finish, so you get the best of both worlds – strength and smoothness.
The oak tabletop is protected with IsoGuard®, our timber treatment oil. Think of it as a defence barrier, but one that you’d never know was there. IsoGuard® comes in a few finishes; this one’s Chalked Oak, which gives the oak a soft, pale colour that highlights the grain.
Not every piece of furniture and every colour of paint needs the same process – a ‘one finish suits all’ approach won’t ever give you the best result possible. That’s why we vary the number of coats and use both hand-painted and spray-painted techniques depending on what that shade needs.
Harrogate’s pedestal legs let you get more people around the table, because whoever’s sat next to one won’t have a leg in the way of their knees. They’re also set in from the edge, so even when it’s not extended, someone can perch at either end too.
How it extends
Extending tables are great, but only when they’re not a pain to use. You’ll be glad to know that’s not the case with Harrogate. Before guests start knocking at the door, just pull out the oak rails beneath the tabletop and they’ll stay put thanks to the spring-loaded latch. The leaves then just slot into the gap. And when you’re not using them, these store neatly away underneath.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.