Material and finish
Hanover is made from iron and aluminium, so it’s substantial but light enough to be moved around the room. It’s plated in nickel – a hardwearing, tarnish-resistant finish that’s warmer and less modern than chrome, but not as traditional as brass.
One of the details that gives this lamp its traditional feel is the cupped platform just below the shade. It’s like a ‘bobeche’, which you often find on candlesticks to catch dripping wax. Hanover also has a braided black silk flex.
The perfect pairing
You could team almost any lampshade with this base, but we know that it’s not always easy to do that online. So, we’ve chosen the one/a few we think matches it best – Oliver – for you. If you’d like to order the lampshade on its own, you can do that here. Or, if you would like to just order the base, select the option without the shade above.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.