We love oak (and know you do too) – it’s a hardwood that comes with a real sense of heritage, and the odd knot and change in its grain that mean no two pieces are ever the same. And it looks great contrasted with painted timber. That’s why you’ll often find us pairing it with tulipwood. It’s a timber that’s just as strong but has a less-characterful grain that’s ideal for painting.
The finish: oak
Meet IsoGuard® – our timber treatment oil. In a nutshell, it makes oak easier to live with. Think of it as a bit of a defence barrier, but one that you can’t see, feel or would ever know was there. If you’d like to know all the science-y stuff behind it, you can find that here.
The finish: paint
You might think hand-painting is best – usually anything done by hand is best – but that’s not always the case. Take our pieces: we’ll spray paint them a few times (and, if they need it, a few times more) and then finish off with a brush. Because that’s the way to get a properly perfect finish. Just know that it’s not a bomb-proof one. But that’s the beauty of painted timber: it’s touch-up ready.
Design is in the detail
Most step stools have two steps, and Stratton is no exception. What’s a bit special about it though is that you can tuck the little one underneath out the way, and pull it out completely so they’re two separate pieces, and you can lift the big one up and the little one will come with it (it sits on wooden runners). Simple, but useful.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
So you don’t go flying, we’ve hidden rubber feet under Stratton’s legs that keep it from sliding across the floor.
Natural timber will always want to move. Fact. It’s going to expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but there are specialist joinery techniques that can help to counteract the movement. And that’s exactly what we do.
If you’d like the colour of your piece to be spot on, there’s really nothing better than ordering a sample paint pot or colour card – on your screen, the colour might be one or two shades off.