What is Lloyd Loom?
Lloyd Loom is a technique and material, invented in 1917, that involves wrapping paper around a steel wire before wrapping this around a frame to create a piece of furniture that’s strong and smooth – in short, it won’t bend out of shape or snag on your clothes.
The beauty of Lloyd Loom
What’s so appealing about Lloyd Loom is not just its texture but its heritage. It’s synonymous with a very elegant, early 20th century style, as well as garden pieces which, far from being out of place in a bedroom (if that’s where you choose to use Montague), only adds a sense of lightness, grace and ease.
Tulipwood is the timber we almost always choose when we’re using a painted finish because it’s not only a very strong and stable hardwood, but it has a fine and even grain that means we can create a smooth finish with our water-based eggshell paints. Tulipwood is also, as hardwoods go, quite light, which makes it easier for you to move Montague around.
Your choice of colour
Montague is painted in our Lily colour as standard – a pale grey neutral that suits both classic and contemporary settings as well as the airy, summery characteristics of Lloyd Loom furniture. However, you can choose from any of the colours in our paint library to work with your palette.
The box lid is completely removable making it a great place to store toys and games as there’s no need to worry about little fingers getting caught in hinges. The painted timber interior features simple guiding battens to ensure the lid fits back in place perfectly every time.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.