This hand-upholstered armchair stands for understated elegance. With a deep seat and gently scrolled back and armrests, George is supremely comfortable yet still feels refined. The turned oak legs with brass castors and pin-tuck tailoring across the back give the chair a stately aesthetic that'll look equally at home in town and country households.
Design & engineering
- Strong kiln-dried birch frame.
- Traditional reinforced halving joints used throughout for maximum durability.
- Upholstered by hand for a precise, tailored look.
- Integrated back is foam-filled for support.
- Removable seat cushion made from feather-wrapped foam for comfort and longevity.
- Serpentine seat springs and sinuous back springs for comfortable suspension.
Back Rest Height:
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- All upholstery fabrics available are suitable for professional dry cleaning.
- Vacuum with an upholstery attachment for everyday cleaning.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.