The frame: in the making
We make our frames using expert joinery techniques that’ll stand up to a lifetime of use. The point where the back legs meet the frame needs to be especially strong – it’ll be taking most of the weight – which is why we use finger joints that securely lock together each piece of timber.
Learn more about our frames.
Madeleine’s domed and surprisingly comfy seat is created using serpentine springs, two layers of medium density foam and fibre wadding so you’ll never feel the frame. The back’s a little sleeker, so we’ve used a mix of elastic webbing and a firmer foam to give structure.
Comfort & proportions
As an occasional chair that’s designed to slip seamlessly into any spot, Madeleine’s certainly not a very deep seat. Although its proportions may be small, it still supports where it’s needed most – your lower to mid-back.
Shape and silhouette
The seat and back on Madeleine look like they ‘fold out’ from each other, creating a ‘v’ shape as the seat sweeps down to meet the backrest. It’s a graceful detail that’s echoed in nature – think birds’ wings or flower petals.
Madeleine’s scroll back gives it its soft character. Inspired by the swooping shapes of musical notes, it’s highlighted with piping and reflected in the back legs. The front legs are turned by hand to have similar arcs and curves.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
You might notice ‘marks’ on the velvet when it comes out of its packaging or after you’ve lent on it. They happen when you flatten the fibres and are a completely normal characteristic of velvet – they’re all part of the way it ages. But if you’d prefer, you can use a velvet brush to push the pile back into place.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.