Buckland Floating Shelf
We use oak for its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on its qualities here). Knots and variations in tone are part of its character, so each Buckland shelf will be unique.
The finishBuckland’s protected with our IsoGuard® treatment oil, which guards against scuffs and stains without masking its texture. The Natural Oak finish just gives them a paler, softer colour.
Buckland fixes to the wall using several brackets hidden at the back. These are attached to the shelf itself through strong rods inserted into the timber. Because the rods are slightly longer than the holes, the shelf sits forward from the wall a little – part of its ‘floating’ look and allowing room for LEDs.
How to fit
It’s best that these shelves are fitted by a professional – if you buy them from one of our stores, we can discuss things like cutting them down to size and installing lighting. It’s also worth noting that you’ll need a strong wall to hang them on.
Where we see it
Buckland works in just about any room, from the kitchen to the living room, a contemporary interior or a more traditional one. They can also be lit from behind with discreet LEDs to make them more atmospheric, or for added practicality in a kitchen.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Just So you know
Buckland’s made from natural timber, which will expand and shrink slightly as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes are completely natural. In the unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.