We use oak for its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on its qualities here). Knots and variations in tone are part of its character, so each Buckland shelf will be unique.
The finishBuckland’s protected with our IsoGuard® treatment oil, which guards against scuffs and stains without masking its texture. The Natural Oak finish just gives them a paler, softer colour.
Buckland fixes to the wall using several brackets hidden at the back. These are attached to the shelf itself through strong rods inserted into the timber. Because the rods are slightly longer than the holes, the shelf sits forward from the wall a little – part of its ‘floating’ look and allowing room for LEDs.
How to fit
It’s best that these shelves are fitted by a professional – if you buy them from one of our stores, we can discuss things like cutting them down to size and installing lighting. It’s also worth noting that you’ll need a strong wall to hang them on.
Where we see it
Buckland works in just about any room, from the kitchen to the living room, a contemporary interior or a more traditional one. They can also be lit from behind with discreet LEDs to make them more atmospheric, or for added practicality in a kitchen.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just So you know
Buckland’s made from natural timber, which will expand and shrink slightly as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes are completely natural. In the unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.